Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bats and an Odd Rent Payment

This has been an eventful/odd end to the week.  First, while ripping out old ceiling tiles at our little project house I managed to freak myself out, and almost had to change my pants.  I found three bats hiding in the ceiling.  By the way, they are still there.  My brother and I are still trying to figure out the best way to solve this situation.  We have consulted the internet and our local pest control provider, but it looks like we are going to have to push past our "eewww factor" and be real men.  After our first idea of allowing them to simply fly out at night to hunt food failed, we have decided to start next week by going in with thick gloves and big boy pants in an effort to grab them and take them outside.  The next post may be entitled "Screaming Like Little Girls."  We will just have to see how it goes.  Maybe the good Lord above will provide a better idea between now and then.

On to the second part of this post's title...

After a tenant of mine (the same tenant mentioned in a recent, previous post) went missing and abandoned much of his stuff for a few days, he reappeared.  However, the fact was he was still behind in rent and must move out.  He ended up deciding to give me his car as payment for back rent.  It needs some work to get full value, but ain't she a beaut...Ha Ha...

The weirdest rent payment I have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment